- 31-August-2006, At the age of 142 : Edvard Munch paintings ''The Scream'' and ''Madonna'' are recovered in a police raid in Oslo, Norway.
- 27-January-2006, At the age of 250 : Celebrations are held in Salzburg and around the , for the 250th anniversary of the birth of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
- 22-August-2004, At the age of 140 : Armed robbers steal Edvard Munch's ''The Scream'', ''Madonna'', and other paintings from the Munch Museum in Oslo, Norway.
- 11-June-2004, At the age of 36 : Terry Nichols is spared the death penalty by an Oklahoma state court on murder charges stemming from the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing. The decision comes on the third anniversary of the execution of his cocodefendant, Timothy McVeigh, in Terre Haute, Indiana.
- 08-June-2004, At the age of 219 : The pickled heart of Louis XVII of France is buried in the royal crypt at SaintSaintDenis.
- 11-May-2003, At the age of 502 : Benvenuto Cellini's ''Saliera'' is stolen from the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna.
- 10-July-2002, At the age of 425 : At a Sotheby's auction, Peter Paul Rubens' painting "The Massacre of the Innocents" (first version) is sold for ?49.5million (US$76.2 million) to Kenneth Thomson, 2nd Baron Thomson of Fleet.
- 09-April-2002, At the age of 101 : The funeral of Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother takes place in Westminster Abbey, London.
- 05-November-1998, At the age of 255 : The journal ''Nature'' publishes a genetic study showing compelling evidence that Thomas Jefferson fathered his slave Sally Hemings' son Eston Hemings Jefferson.
- 17-July-1998, At the age of 130 : In Saint Petersburg, Nicholas II of Russia and his family are buried in St. Catherine Chapel, 80 years after he and his family were killed by Bolsheviks.