See also People that died at the age of 100
- 31-August-2006 : Edvard Munch paintings ''The Scream'' and ''Madonna'' are recovered in a police raid in Oslo, Norway.
- 27-January-2006 : Celebrations are held in Salzburg and around the , for the 250th anniversary of the birth of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
- 22-August-2004 : Armed robbers steal Edvard Munch's ''The Scream'', ''Madonna'', and other paintings from the Munch Museum in Oslo, Norway.
- 08-June-2004 : The pickled heart of Louis XVII of France is buried in the royal crypt at SaintSaintDenis.
- 11-May-2003 : Benvenuto Cellini's ''Saliera'' is stolen from the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna.
- 10-July-2002 : At a Sotheby's auction, Peter Paul Rubens' painting "The Massacre of the Innocents" (first version) is sold for ?49.5million (US$76.2 million) to Kenneth Thomson, 2nd Baron Thomson of Fleet.
- 09-April-2002 : The funeral of Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother takes place in Westminster Abbey, London.
- 05-November-1998 : The journal ''Nature'' publishes a genetic study showing compelling evidence that Thomas Jefferson fathered his slave Sally Hemings' son Eston Hemings Jefferson.
- 17-July-1998 : In Saint Petersburg, Nicholas II of Russia and his family are buried in St. Catherine Chapel, 80 years after he and his family were killed by Bolsheviks.
- 06-March-1997 : Pablo Picasso's ''Tete de Femme'' is stolen from a London gallery (recovered a week later).