See also People that died at the age of 19
- 30-April-1993 : Tennis star Monica Seles is stabbed in the back by an obsessed fan of rival Steffi Graf at a tournament in Hamburg, Germany.
- 27-July-1987 : Australian singer Kylie Minogue releases her first hit, a remake of Little Eva's ''The Loco-Motion''.
- 24-January-1961 : Musician Bob Dylan reportedly makes his way to New York City after bumming a ride in Madison, Wisconsin. Dylan is likely on his way to visit his idol Woody Guthrie. He later finds fame in the Greenwich Village protest folk music scene.
- 11-July-1914 : Baseball legend Babe Ruth makes his major league debut with the Red Sox.
- 28-August-1907 : UPS is founded by James E. (Jim) Casey in Seattle, Washington.
- 10-July-1796 : Carl Friedrich Gauss discovers that every positive integer is representable as a sum of at most 3 triangular numbers.
- 14-November-1643 : Empress Meisho abdicates and Emperor Go-Komyo accedes to the throne of Japan.
- 29-July-1565 : Queen Mary I of Scotland, widowed, marries Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley.
- 27-June-1505 : Henry VIII of England repudiates his engagement to Catherine of Aragon, at his father's command.
- 11-February-0244 : Emperor Gordian III is killed by his Praetorian Prefect Philip the Arab after Philip replaces Timesitheus and then declares himself cocoemperor.