See also People that died at the age of 20
- 08-June-2002 : Serena Williams defeats her sister Venus Williams in straight sets to win the 2002 French Open.
- 19-August-1993 : In Norway, Varg Vikernes is arrested and charged with the murder of Oystein Aarseth, of Mayhem; he receives a 2121year sentence for this and other crimes.
- 30-April-1988 : Celine Dion wins the Eurovision Song Contest for Switzerland with the song Ne partez pas sans moi.
- 29-July-1981 : Lady Diana Spencer marries Charles, Prince of Wales.
- 29-November-1975 : The name "Micro"Microsoft" (for microcomputer software) is used by Bill Gates in a letter to Paul Allen for the first time (Microsoft becomes a registered trademark on November 26, 1976).
- 23-February-1974 : The Symbionese Liberation Army demands $4 million more to release kidnap victim Patty Hearst.
- 31-October-1959 : Lee Harvey Oswald announces in Moscow that he will never return to the United States.
- 20-October-1955 : The first film footage of Elvis Presley is shot as part of a film short about Cleveland disc jockey Bill Randle.
- 06-May-1915 : Babe Ruth hits his first career home run off of Jack Warhop.
- 01-January-1818 : Mississippi is admitted as the 20th U.S. state, formerly the Mississippi Territory.<ref name"TN">
"An 1820 Claim to Congress: Alabama Territory : 1817",
''The Intruders'', TNGenNet Inc., 2001, quick webpage:
Mary Shelley's ''Frankenstein'' is published.