See also People that died at the age of 21
- 08-June-2002 : Serena Williams defeats her sister Venus Williams in straight sets to win the 2002 French Open.
- 25-August-1991 : Student Linus Torvalds posts messages to Usenet newsgroup comp.os.minix about the new operating system kernel he has been developing.
- 30-May-1982 : Cal Ripken, Jr. starts the first game of what eventually becomes his recordrecordbreaking consecutive games played streak of 2,632.
- 24-February-1982 : Wayne Gretzky of the Edmonton Oilers scores his 77th goal of the National Hockey League season, breaking the previous record of 76. He scores 92 goals that season, which remains the record.<ref>http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res9E0CE3DF1731F935A15753C1A964958260</ref>
- 12-April-1980 : Terry Fox begins his Marathon of Hope from St. Johns, Newfoundland, Canada.
- 12-July-1962 : The Rolling Stones make their debut at London's Marquee Club, Number 165 Oxford Street, opening for Long John Baldry.
- 02-July-1959 : Prince Albert of Belgium marries Italian princess Paola Ruffo di Calabria.
- 31-March-1957 : Rodgers and Hammerstein's ''Cinderella'', the team's only musical written especially for television, is telecast live and in color by CBS, starring Julie Andrews in the title role. The production is seen by millions, but this 1957 version is not be telecast again for more than 40 years, when a kinescope of it is shown.
- 09-September-1956 : Elvis Presley appears on ''The Ed Sullivan Show'' for the first time.
- 13-March-1956 : Elvis Presley releases his first Gold Album titled ''Elvis Presley''.