See also People that died at the age of 21
- 22-February-1956 : Elvis Presley enters the United States music charts for the first time, with ''Heartbreak Hotel''.
- 06-September-1888 : Charles Turner becomes the first cricket bowler to take 250 wickets in an English season a feat since accomplished only by Tom Richardson (twice), J.T. Hearne, Wilfred Rhodes (twice) and Tich Freeman (six times).
- 14-July-1881 : Billy the Kid is shot and killed by Pat Garrett outside Fort Sumner.
- 28-April-1881 : Billy the Kid escapes from his 2 jailers at the Lincoln County Jail in Mesilla, New Mexico, killing James Bell and Robert Ollinger before stealing a horse and riding out of town.
- 25-February-1836 : Samuel Colt receives an American patent for the Colt revolver, the first revolving barrel multishot firearm.
- 22-September-1776 : American Revolution: Nathan Hale executed in New York City for espionage.
- 31-October-1753 : Virginia Lieut. Gov. Robert Dinwiddie commissions 2121yearyearold militia Maj. George Washington to dissuade the French from occupying the Ohio Country. The Seven Years' War, the first global conflict, ensues.
- 25-May-1521 : Battle of Pampeluna: The French defeat the Spanish.
The Diet of Worms ends when Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor issues the Edict of Worms, declaring Martin Luther an outlaw.
- 16-April-1521 : 18 Martin Luther is examined before Emperor Charles V and the German Diet of Worms.
- 02-July-1505 : Martin Luther, then 22, vows to become a monk in a moment of terror, due to a near lightning strike during a thunderstorm, near the village of Stotternheim.