See also People that died at the age of 43
- 09-October-2004 : Incumbent Prime Minister of Australia John Howard leads the LiberalLiberalNational coalition to victory over the Labor Party led by Mark Latham in federal elections.
- 14-March-2004 : Spanish legislative election, 2004: The incumbent government led by Jose Maria Aznar is defeated by the Socialist Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero.
- 02-June-1999 : After decades of fighting off outside technological influences like television, the King of Bhutan allows television transmissions to commence in the Kingdom for the first time, coinciding with the King's Silver Jubilee (see Bhutan Broadcasting Service).
- 26-April-1980 : Louise and Charmian Faulkner disappear from outside their flat in St Kilda, Victoria, Australia.
- 09-February-1975 : The ''Soyuz 17'' crew (Georgi Grechko, Aleksei Gubarev) returns to Earth after 1 month aboard the ''Salyut 4'' space station.
- 25-May-1973 : ''Skylab 2'' (Pete Conrad, Paul Weitz, Joseph Kerwin) is launched on a mission to repair damage to the recently launched ''Skylab'' space station.
- 06-June-1971 : Soyuz program: ''Soyuz 11'' (Vladislav Volkov, Georgi Dobrovolski, Viktor Patsayev) is launched.
- 06-April-1962 : Leonard Bernstein causes controversy with his remarks before a concert featuring Glenn Gould with the New York Philharmonic.
- 27-April-1961 : President Kennedy a delivers revealing speech: ''The President and the Press: Address before the American Newspaper Publishers Association''http://www.jfklibrary.org/Historical+Resources/Archives/Reference+Desk/Speeches/JFK/003POF03NewspaperPublishers04271961.htm
- 13-March-1961 : President of the United States John F. Kennedy proposes a longlongterm "Alliance for Progress" between the United States and Latin America.http://www.jfklibrary.org/Historical+Resources/Archives/Reference+Desk/Selected+Milestones+in+the+Presidency+of+John+F.+Kennedy.htm