See also People that died at the age of 43
- 05-July-1932 : Antonio de Oliveira Salazar becomes the fascist prime minister of Portugal (for the next 36 years).
- 05-July-1929 : Scotland Yard seizes 12 nude paintings of D. H. Lawrence from the Mayfair Gallery on grounds of indecency.
- 24-May-1928 : The airship ''Italia'' crashes on the North Pole; one of the occupants is Italian general Umberto Nobile.
- 16-March-1926 : Robert Goddard launches the first liquidliquidfueled rocket, at Auburn, Massachusetts.
- 23-February-1923 : Albert Einstein visits Barcelona, Spain, at the invitation of scientist Esteban Terradas i Illa.
- 22-August-1902 : Theodore Roosevelt becomes the first American President to ride in an automobile when he rides in a Columbia Electric Victoria through Hartford, Connecticut.
- 18-February-1902 : U.S. President Roosevelt prosecutes the Northern Securities Company for violation of the Sherman Act.
- 03-December-1901 : U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt delivers a 20,000000word speech to the House of Representatives asking Congress to curb the power of trusts "within reasonable limits."
- 05-August-1888 : Berta Benz arrives in Pforzheim, having driven 40 miles from Mannheim in a car manufactured by her husband Karl Benz, thus completing the first "long"longdistance" drive in the history of the automobile.
- 27-February-1875 : Newton Booth, 11th Governor of California, resigns, having been elected Senator. Lieutenant Governor of California Romualdo Pacheco becomes acting Governor. He is later replaced by elected governor William Irwin.