See also People that died at the age of 52
- 03-December-2006 : Hugo Chavez is re-elected President of Venezuela.
- 09-May-2004 : Chechen president Akhmad Kadyrov is killed by a landmine placed under a VIP stage during a World War II memorial parade in Grozny.
- 03-February-2004 : Joannes Eidesgaard becomes prime minister of the Faroe Islands.
- 10-October-2003 : Facing an investigation surrounding allegations of illegal drug use, American rightrightwing radio host Rush Limbaugh publicly admits that he is addicted to prescription pain killers, and will seek treatment.
- 27-July-2002 : Helen Clark, leader of the New Zealand Labour Party, is re-elected in a landslide victory.
- 07-November-2000 : United States presidential election, 20000 Republican candidate Texas Governor George W. Bush defeats Democratic Vice President Al Gore in the closest election in history, but the final outcome is not known for over a month because of disputed votes in Florida.
- 12-June-1999 : Texas Governor George W. Bush announces he will seek the Republican Party nomination for President of the United States.
- 19-December-1998 : Lewinsky scandal: President Bill Clinton is impeached by the United States House of Representatives. (He is later acquitted of any wrongdoing.)
- 19-November-1998 : Lewinsky scandal: The United State House of Representatives' Judiciary Committee begins impeachment hearings against U.S. President Bill Clinton.
- 05-November-1998 : Lewinsky scandal: As part of the impeachment inquiry, House Judiciary Committee chairman Henry Hyde sends a list of 81 questions to U.S. President Bill Clinton.