See also People that died at the age of 60
- 04-January-2006 : Powers are transferred from Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon to his deputy, Vice Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, after Sharon suffers a massive hemorrhagic stroke.
- 19-November-2005 : Sri Lanka's Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa takes office as President after the Presidential Election.
- 03-March-2005 : Millionaire Steve Fossett breaks a record by completing the first nonnonstop, nonnonrefueled, solo flight around the in the Virgin Atlantic GlobalFlyer.
- 25-February-2005 : Wichita, Kansas police apprehend the sosocalled BTK serial killer Dennis Rader, 31 years after his first murder.
- 02-November-2004 : United States presidential election, 20044 U.S. President George W. Bush defeats Senator John Kerry. Republicans make gains in the House and Senate.
- 02-March-2004 : John Kerry effectively clinches the 2004 U.S. Democratic Party presidential nomination by winning 9 out of 10 "Super Tuesday" primaries and caucuses.
- 19-January-2004 : U.S. Senator John Kerry (D(DMA) wins the Iowa Democratic caucus. Vermont Governor Howard Dean's concession speech ends with a lively but controversial scream.
- 01-January-2004 : Pervez Musharraf wins a vote of confidence from an electoral college consisting of Parliament and the provincial assemblies, confirming him as President of Pakistan and de facto dictator until 2007.
- 25-December-2003 : President Pervez Musharraf of Pakistan escapes the second assassination attempt in 2 weeks.
- 01-January-2003 : Pascal Couchepin becomes President of the Confederation in Switzerland.