See also People that died at the age of 64
- 11-March-2006 : Slobodan Milosevic is found dead in his cell in the UN war crimes tribunal's detention centre, located in the Scheveningen section of The Hague.
- 24-February-1998 : ''Hustler'' publisher Larry Flynt is acquitted on charges of defaming Jerry Falwell.
- 13-September-1993 : PLO leader Yasser Arafat and Israeli prime minister Yitzhak Rabin shake hands in Washington D.C., after signing a peace accord.
- 27-November-1982 : Yasuhiro Nakasone becomes Prime minister of Japan.
- 27-September-1981 : Denis Healey retains the post of Deputy Leader of the Labour Party, beating Tony Benn by 50.426 to 49.574
- 21-May-1981 : In France, Socialist Francois Mitterrand becomes President.
- 10-May-1981 : In the second round of the presidential elections in France, Francois Mitterrand beats Valery Giscard d'Estaing.
- 24-April-1981 : French presidential election: A firstfirstround runoff results between Valery Giscard d'Estaing and Francois Mitterrand.
- 06-March-1981 : After 19 years hosting the ''CBS Evening News'', Walter Cronkite signs off for the last time.
- 19-November-1977 : Egyptian President Anwar Sadat becomes the first Arab leader to officially visit Israel when he meets with Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin, seeking a permanent peace settlement.