See also People that died at the age of 75
- 31-July-2006 : Cuban president Fidel Castro temporarily relinquishes power to his brother Raul before surgery.
- 25-June-2006 : Warren Buffett donates over US$30 billion to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- 19-July-2005 : U.S. president George W. Bush nominates Appeals Court Judge John G. Roberts, Jr. to the United States Supreme Court, following the retirement of Sandra Day O'Connor.
- 12-January-2005 : Mahmoud Abbas is elected to succeed Yasser Arafat as Palestinian Authority President.
Deep Impact is launched from Cape Canaveral by a Delta 2 rocket.
- 12-May-2002 : Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter arrives in Cuba for a 55day visit with Fidel Castro, becoming the first U.S. President, in or out of office, to visit the island since Castro's 1959 revolution.
- 24-May-1991 : Authorised by Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir, Operation Solomon commences.
- 12-November-1982 : In the Soviet Union, former KGB head Yuri Andropov is selected to become the general secretary of the Soviet Communist Party's Central Committee, succeeding the late Leonid I. Brezhnev.
- 10-April-1974 : In Israel, Golda Meir resigns as Prime Minister.
- 22-December-1968 : Mao Zedong advocates that educated youth in urban China be rereeducated in the country. It marks the start of the "Up to the mountains and down to the villages" movement.
- 20-June-1966 : French President Charles De Gaulle starts his visit to the Soviet Union.