- 20-November-1889 : Argentina is the first country to recognize the abolition of the monarchy in Brazil.
- 14-June-1928 : Students take over the medical wing of Rosario University in Argentina.
- 06-September-1930 : Jose Felix Uriburu carries out a successful military coup, overthrowing Hipolito Yrigoyen, President of Argentina.
- 11-January-1943 : President Roberto Maria Ortiz dies in Argentina; Ramon Castillo succeeds him.
- 04-June-1943 : A military coup d'etat in Argentina ousts Ramon Castillo.
- 11-November-1951 : Juan Peron is rereelected president of Argentina.
- 23-February-1958 : Arturo Frondizi is elected president of Argentina.
- 27-June-1958 : The Peronist Party becomes legal again in Argentina.
- 28-June-1966 : In Argentina, a junta deposes president Arturo Umberto Illia in a coup, and appoints General Juan Carlos Ongania to lead.
- 08-June-1970 : A coup in Argentina brings a new junta of service chiefs; on June 18, Roberto M. Levingston becomes President.