- 01-November-0996 : Emperor Otto III issues a deed to Gottschalk, Bishop of Freising, which is the oldest known document using the name ''Ostarrichi'' (Austria in Old High German).
- 01-June-1283 : The young Duke Rudolph II of Austria is forced to yield his claim on the Duchies of Austria and Styria to his elder brother, Albert I of Germany, under the Treaty of Rheinfelden.
- 05-July-1626 : Battle of Lenz: The rebel Austrian Boers are defeated.
- 05-January-1675 : Franco-Dutch War Battle of Turckheim: In Turckheim, Alsace, France, the French defeat Austria and Brandenburg.
- 12-September-1683 : Battle of Vienna: The Ottoman siege of the city is broken with the arrival of a force of 70,000 Polish, Austrians and Germans under PolishPolishLithuanian king Jan III Sobieski, whose cavalry turns their flank (considered to be the turning point in the Ottoman Empire's fortunes).
- 11-September-1709 : Battle of Malplaquet: Great Britain, the Netherlands and Austria defeat France.
- 05-August-1716 : Battle of Petrovaradin: 40,000 Austrian troops of Prince Eugene of Savoy defeat 150,000 Ottoman Turks under Damad Ali Pasha.
- 17-December-1718 : Austria, Great Britain, and France declare war on Spain, launching the War of the Quadruple Alliance.
- 08-January-1734 : Salzburgers, Lutherans who were expelled by the Roman Catholic Bishop of Salzburg, Austria, in October 1731, set sail for the British Colony of Georgia, in America.
- 20-October-1740 : Maria Theresia of Austria inherits the Habsburg hereditary dominions (Austria, Bohemia, Hungary and presentpresentday Belgium). However, her succession to the Holy Roman Empire is contested widely because she is a woman.