- 30-July-1630 : John Winthrop helps in founding a church in Massachusetts which will later become known as First Church in Boston.
- 26-June-1675 : June 29 Wampanoags assault Rehoboth and Taunton; the natives elude colonial troops and leave Mount Hope for Pocasset, Massachusetts. The Mohegan tribe travels to Boston in order to side with the English colonists against the Wampanoags.
- 14-February-1676 : Metacomet and his Wampanoags attack Northampton, Massachusetts; meanwhile, the Massachusetts Council debates whether a wall should be erected around Boston.
- 27-July-1676 : Nearly 200 Nipmuck tribesmen surrender to the English colonists in Boston.
- 04-March-1776 : The American Revolution: The Americans capture "Dorchester Heights" dominating the port of Boston, Massachusetts.
- 07-October-1914 : Joseph Patrick Kennedy Sr. marries Rose Fitzgerald in Boston.
- 17-November-1928 : The Boston Garden opens in Boston.
- 03-November-1973 : Pan Am cargo flight 160, a Boeing 707-321C, crashes at Logan International Airport, Boston, killing 3.
- 31-July-2004 : "The Last Dispatch" concert is played as a reunion concert with the band Dispatch on the Hatch Shell in Boston; 110,000 people attend, making it the single largest gathering in independent music industry history.