- 24-February-1552 : Pedro de Valdivia founds the city of Valdiviaas ''Santa Maria la Blanca de Valdivia'' in Chile.
The privileges of the Hanseatic League are abolished in England.
- 25-December-1553 : Battle of Tucapel: Mapuche rebels under Lautaro defeats the Spanish conquistadors and exetutes the governor of Chile Pedro de Valdivia.
- 28-October-1643 : The Dutch corsairs end their occupation of Valdivia in what is now Chile.
- 09-March-1723 : Mapuche Uprising of 1723 begins in Chile.
- 18-September-1810 : Chile forms its First National Junta, which is their first step towards its independence.
- 17-November-1811 : Jose Miguel Carrera, Chilean founding father, is sworn in as President of the executive Junta of the government of Chile.
- 19-January-1817 : An army of 5,423 soldiers, led by General Jose de San Martin, starts crossing the Andes from Argentina to liberate Chile and then Peru.
- 12-February-1817 : Battle of Chacabuco: The Argentine/Chilean patriotic army defeats the Spanish.
- 12-February-1818 : Chile proclaims its independence from Spain.
- 20-January-1839 : Battle of Yungay: Chile defeats a PeruvianvianBolivian alliance.