- 29-August-1911 : The Diocese of Kottayam is erected in Kerala, India for the Knanaya Catholic people of the Syro-Malabar Church (in 2005 the diocese is raised to the rank of Archdiocese).
- 12-December-1911 : The capital of India is shifted to New Delhi from Calcutta (now Kolkata).
- 06-November-1913 : Mohandas Gandhi is arrested while leading a march of Indian miners in South Africa.
- 13-April-1919 : Amritsar Massacre: British and Gurkha troops massacre 379 Sikhs in the Punjab in India.
- 09-September-1924 : 11 The 1924 Kohat riots break out in India.
- 25-October-1924 : British authorities in India arrest Subhas Chandra Bose and jail him for the next 2 1/2 years.
- 25-January-1931 : Mohandas Gandhi is released again in India.
- 10-February-1931 : New Delhi becomes the capital of India.
- 23-March-1940 : The ''Pakistan Resolution'' is rallied around by the All-India Muslim League; Muslims from every corner of India meet up around Iqbal Park, Lahore (now in modernmodernday Pakistan).
- 12-December-1941 : War II: India declares war on Japan.