- 13-January-1917 : The Battle of Wadi occurs between Allied British and Ottoman Empire forces, during the WWI Mesopotamian campaign in modernmodernday Iraq.
- 25-April-1932 : Two of the companions of Islam's Last Prophet Muhammad are moved from their graves upon informing of water in the graves in the dream of King Faisal of Iraq in Salmaan Paak, Iraq. Their names are Hazrat Hudhayfah ibn al-Yaman and Hazrat Jabir ibn Abd-Allah.
- 14-February-1958 : The Hashemite Kingdoms of Iraq and Jordan unite in the Arab Federation of Iraq and Jordan with Iraqi King Faisal II as head of state.
- 14-July-1958 : Iraqi Revolution: The Iraqi monarchy is overthrown by Arab nationalists, King Faisal II is murdered and Abdul Karim Qassim assumes power.
- 25-June-1961 : Iraqi president Abdul Karim Kassem announces he is going to annex Kuwait.
- 17-July-1968 : Saddam Hussein becomes Vice Chairman of the Revolutionary Council in Iraq after a coup d'etat.
- 06-March-1975 : Algiers Accord: Iran and Iraq announce a settlement in their border dispute.
- 16-July-1979 : Iraqi President Hasan al-Bakr resigns and Vice President Saddam Hussein replaces him.
- 22-September-1980 : The command council of Iraq orders its army to "deliver its fatal blow on Iranian military targets," initiating the Iran-Iraq War.
- 07-June-1981 : The Israeli Air Force destroys Iraq's Osirak nuclear reactor.