- 29-November-1947 : The United Nations General Assembly votes to partition Palestine between Arabs and Jews, resulting in the creation of the State of Israel.
- 25-January-1949 : In the first Israeli election, David Ben-Gurion becomes Prime Minister.
- 11-May-1949 : Israel is admitted to the U.N. as its 59th member.
- 20-July-1949 : Israel and Syria sign a truce to end their 1919month war.
- 09-January-1950 : The Israeli government recognizes the People's Republic of China.
- 23-January-1950 : The Knesset passes a resolution that states Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.
- 04-April-1952 : In the Hague Tribunal, Israel demands reparations worth 3 billion dollars from Germany.
- 15-May-1952 : Diplomatic relations are established between the governments of Israel and Japan at the level of legations.
- 27-August-1952 : Reparation negotiations between West Germany and Israel end in Luxembourg; Germany will pay 3 billion Deutsche Marks.
- 26-December-1952 : Joseph Ivor Linton, the first Israeli Minister Plenipotentiary in Japan, presents his credentials to the Japanese Emperor.