- 01-April-1621 : The Plymouth, Massachusetts colonists create the first treaty with native Americans.
- 17-September-1630 : The city of Boston, Massachusetts is founded.
- 28-February-1646 : Roger Scott is tried in Massachusetts for sleeping in church.
- 06-March-1646 : Joseph Jenkes, in Massachusetts, receives the first colonial machine patent.
- 04-November-1646 : Massachusetts enacts the death penalty for denying that the Saints' Copybook is God's word.
- 14-October-1651 : Laws are passed in Massachusetts forbidding poor people from adopting excessive styles of dress.
- 16-July-1675 : July 24 An envoy from Massachusetts attempts to negotiate with the Nipmuck tribe.
- 16-November-1676 : A prison is founded on Nantucket Island in the English colony of Massachusetts.
- 29-August-1708 : A native American attack in Haverhill, Massachusetts kills 16 settlers.
- 26-April-1717 : The ''Whydah Gally'', flagship of "Black Sam" Bellamy, is wrecked in a storm off Wellfleet, Massachusetts. The ''Whydah'' sinks with a reputed four and a half tons of treasure on board, and all but 2 of her crew are lost, including Bellamy.