- 14-October-1882 : The University of the Punjab is founded in present day Pakistan.
- 29-December-1930 : Sir Muhammad Iqbal's presidential address in Allahabad introduces the Two-Nation Theory, outlining a vision for the creation of Pakistan.
- 31-May-1935 : A 7.1 magnitude earthquake destroys Quetta in modernmodernday Pakistan, killing 40,000.
- 23-March-1940 : The ''Pakistan Resolution'' is rallied around by the All-India Muslim League; Muslims from every corner of India meet up around Iqbal Park, Lahore (now in modernmodernday Pakistan).
- 14-August-1947 : After 90 years of British colonial rule, Pakistan gains independence from the British Empire. While the transition is officially at midnight on this day, Pakistan celebrates its independence on August 14 compared to India on the 15th. Muhammad Ali Jinnah becomes the first Governor General of Pakistan.
- 13-September-1947 : Indian Prime Minister Nehru suggests the transfer of 4 million Hindus and Muslims between India and Pakistan.
- 30-September-1947 : Pakistan and Yemen join the United Nations.
- 16-October-1951 : Prime Minister Liaquat Ali Khan of Pakistan is assassinated.
- 16-February-1953 : The Pakistan Academy of Sciences is established in Pakistan.
- 23-March-1956 : Pakistan becomes the first Islamic republic, and a national holiday is observed in the country including the former East Pakistan state.