- 23-August-1387 : Olaf, King of Norway and Denmark and claimant to the throne of Sweden, dies. The vacant thrones come under the regency of his mother Margaret I of Denmark, who will soon become Queen in her own right.
- 18-January-1520 : King Christian II of Denmark and Norway defeats the Swedes at Lake Asunde.
- 08-November-1520 : Cuitlahuac, Aztec ruler of Tenochtitlan, dies from smallpox. He is succeeded by his nephew Cuauhtemoc.
Stockholm Bloodbath: A successful invasion of Sweden by Danish forces under the command of Christian II of Denmark results in the execution of around 100 persons (mostly nobility and clergy involved in the previous Swedish war effort).
- 17-June-1527 : The Protestant Reformation begins in Sweden.
- 12-January-1528 : Gustav I of Sweden is crowned king of Sweden.
- 12-March-1610 : Swedish troops under Jacob de la Gardie take Moscow.
- 20-January-1613 : King James I of England successfully mediates the Treaty of Knared between Denmark and Sweden.
- 27-February-1617 : The Treaty of Stolbovo ends the Ingrian War between Sweden and Russia. Sweden gains Ingermanland and Karelia.
- 06-June-1630 : Swedish warships depart from Stockholm to Germany.
- 17-September-1631 : Thirty Years' War: Battle of Breitenfield (1631) King Gustav II Adolf of Sweden defeats the Catholic League and the Holy Roman Empire, ensuring religious liberty for the Protestant states of Germany.