- 07-February-1924 : Death penalty: The first state execution using gas in the United States takes place in Nevada.
- 08-March-1924 : The Castle Gate mine disaster kills 172 coal miners in Utah, United States.
- 16-April-1924 : American media company ''Metro Goldwyn Mayer'' (''MGM'') is founded in Los Angeles, California.
- 02-June-1924 : U.S. President Calvin Coolidge signs the Indian Citizenship Act of 1924 into law, granting citizenship to all Native Americans born within the territorial limits of the United States.
- 26-July-1926 : The National Bar Association incorporates in the United States.
- 06-October-1927 : ''The Jazz Singer'' movie opens in the United States and becomes a huge success, marking the end of the silent film era.
- 25-July-1928 : The United States recalls its troops from China.
- 02-January-1929 : Canada and the United States agree on a plan to preserve Niagara Falls.
- 22-April-1930 : The United Kingdom, Japan and the United States sign the London Naval Treaty regulating submarine warfare and limiting shipbuilding.
- 07-December-1930 : W1XAV in Boston, Massachusetts broadcasts video from the CBS radio orchestra program, ''The Fox Trappers''. The broadcast also includes the first television commercial in the United States, an advertisement for I.J. Fox Furriers, who sponsored the radio show.