- 25-July-1962 : Puerto Rico becomes a commonwealth of the United States of America.
- 29-September-1962 : The Canadian Alouette 1, the first satellite built outside the United States and the Soviet Union, is launched from Vandenberg AFB in California.
- 14-October-1962 : Cuban Missile Crisis begins: A UU2 flight over Cuba takes photos of Soviet nuclear weapons being installed. A standstandoff then ensues the next day between the United States and the Soviet Union, threatening the with nuclear war.
- 23-March-1965 : ''Gemini 3'': NASA launches the United States' first 22person crew (Gus Grissom, John Young) into Earth orbit.
- 12-January-1966 : United States President Lyndon Johnson states that the United States should stay in South Vietnam until Communist aggression there is ended.
- 04-March-1966 : The Beatles: In an interview published in The London ''Evening Standard'', John Lennon comments, "We're more popular than Jesus now," eventually sparking a controversy in the United States.
- 26-March-1966 : Demonstrations are held across the United States against the Vietnam War.
- 13-April-1966 : United States president Lyndon Johnson signs the 1966 Uniform Time Act, dealing with daylight saving time.
- 10-August-1966 : An East German court sentences Gunter Laudahn to life imprisonment for spying for the United States.
- 02-November-1966 : The Cuban Adjustment Act comes into force, allowing 123,000 Cubans the opportunity to apply for permanent residence in the United States.