- 21-July-2002 : Telecommunications giant WorldCom files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection (the largest such filing in United States history).
- 07-November-2002 : Iran bans the advertising of United States products.
- 16-November-2002 : A Campaign against Climate Change march takes place in London from Lincoln's Inn Fields, past Esso offices to the United States Embassy.
- 30-January-2003 : Iraq disarmament crisis: The leaders of the United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania and Spain release a statement (''The Letter of the Eight'') demonstrating support for the United States' plans to invade Iraq.
- 16-March-2003 : Iraq disarmament crisis: The leaders of the United States, Britain, Portugal, and Spain meet at a summit in the Azores Islands. U.S. President Bush calls March 17 the "moment of truth", meaning that the "coalition of the willing" will make its final effort to extract a resolution from the U.N. Security Council, giving Iraq an ultimatum to disarm immediately or be disarmed by force.
- 20-March-2003 : 2003 invasion of Iraq: Land troops from the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Poland invade Iraq.
- 10-October-2003 : Facing an investigation surrounding allegations of illegal drug use, American rightrightwing radio host Rush Limbaugh publicly admits that he is addicted to prescription pain killers, and will seek treatment.
- 24-December-2003 : A BSE (mad cow disease) outbreak in Washington State is announced. Several countries including Brazil, Australia and Taiwan ban the import of beef from the United States.
- 26-February-2004 : The United States lifts a 2323year travel ban against Libya.
- 08-June-2004 : The 30th G8 summit takes place over the next 2 days on Sea Island, in Georgia, USA.