- 03-April-1077 : The first Parliament of Friuli is created.
- 20-January-1265 : In Westminster, the first elected English parliament (De Montfort's Parliament) conducts its first meeting in the Palace of Westminster, now also known as the Houses of Parliament.
- 22-April-1275 : The first of the Statutes of Westminster are passed by the English Parliament, establishing a series of laws in its 51 clauses, including equal treatment of rich and poor, free and fair elections, and definition of bailable and nonnonbailable offenses.
- 31-January-1606 : Guy Fawkes is executed for his plotting against Parliament and James I of England.
- 02-October-1608 : Dutch lens maker Hans Lippershey demonstrates the first telescope in the Dutch parliament.
- 18-June-1625 : The English Parliament refuses to vote Charles I the right to collect customs duties for his entire reign, restricting him to one year instead.
- 15-June-1626 : King Charles I of England disbands the English Parliament.
- 10-March-1629 : Charles I of England dissolves Parliament, starting the Eleven Years' Tyranny in which there is no parliament.
- 30-July-1646 : The English Parliament sets the Newcastle Propositions for King Charles I.
- 08-August-1647 : Battle of Dungan's Hill: Irish forces are defeated by English Parliamentary forces.