- 16-May-1527 : In Florence, the Piagnon, a group devoted to the memory of Girolamo Savonarola, drive out the Medici for a second time, and Florence rereestablishes a republic that lasts until 1530.
- 04-November-1650 : William III of Orange becomes Prince of the House of Orange the moment of his birth, succeeding his father who had died a few days earlier. He doesn't become stadtholder, so the United Provinces become a true republic.
- 01-January-1804 : Haiti gains independence from France and becomes the first black republic, having the only successful slave revolt ever.
- 06-August-1825 : Malden Island (an uninhabited island in the central Pacific Ocean) is discovered. <!<!<! this is really not noteworthy, but i can't think of a better place to put it for now. Can't find a "timeline of discoveries" or such >
Bolivia gains its independence from Spain as a republic with the instigation of Simon Bolivar.
- 12-November-1918 : Austria becomes a republic.
- 29-October-1923 : Turkey becomes a republic following the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire.
- 25-March-1924 : Greece proclaims itself a republic.
- 01-February-1946 : The Kingdom of Hungary becomes a republic.
- 02-June-1946 : In a referendum, Italians decide to turn Italy from a monarchy into a republic. Women vote for the first time.
- 10-June-1946 : Italy is declared a republic.