James Madison, born : 16-March-1751, 263 years ago. died : 28-June-1836 at the age of 85, 178 years ago. sign Pisces
- At the age of 39, 20-June-1790 : Compromise of 1790: Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and Alexander Hamilton come to an agreement: Madison agrees to not be "strenuous" in opposition for the assumption of state debts by the federal government; Hamilton agrees to support the capital site being above the Potomac.
- At the age of 58, 04-March-1809 : James Madison succeeds Thomas Jefferson as the President of the United States.
- At the age of 61, 04-April-1812 : U.S. President James Madison enacts a 9090day embargo on trade with the United Kingdom.
- At the age of 61, 01-June-1812 : War of 1812: U.S. President James Madison asks the U.S. Congress to declare war on Great Britain.
- At the age of 61, 05-November-1812 : James Madison defeats DeWitt Clinton in the U.S. presidential election.
- At the age of 62, 04-March-1813 : James Madison is sworn in as President of the United States, for his second term.
- At the age of 66, 03-March-1817 : President James Madison vetoes John C. Calhoun's Bonus Bill.