Menachem Begin, born : 16-August-1913, 100 years ago. sign Leo
- At the age of 63, 17-May-1977 : The Likud Party, led by Menachem Begin, wins the elections in Israel.
- At the age of 64, 19-November-1977 : Egyptian President Anwar Sadat becomes the first Arab leader to officially visit Israel when he meets with Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin, seeking a permanent peace settlement.
- At the age of 65, 05-September-1978 : Camp David Accords: Menachem Begin and Anwar Sadat begin the peace process at Camp David, Maryland.
- At the age of 65, 27-October-1978 : Egyptian President Anwar Sadat and Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin win the Nobel Peace Prize for their progress toward achieving a Middle East accord.
- At the age of 65, 26-March-1979 : In a ceremony at the White House, President Anwar Sadat of Egypt and Prime Minister Menachem Begin of Israel sign a peace treaty.
- At the age of 69, 25-September-1982 : In Israel, 400,000 marchers demand the resignation of Prime Minister Menachem Begin.